Teeth Whitening – Mansfield, TX
Effective, Comfortable & Beautiful Teeth Whitening
Do you sometimes avoid smiling due to discoloration? Maybe there’s one spot of your smile with stains? This cosmetic flaw is very common, but it can still cause you to experience self-consciousness. Thankfully, we offer Opalescence teeth whitening in Mansfield as an effective solution! Read on to learn more about this amazing cosmetic dentistry service.
Why Choose Broad Park Family Dentistry for Teeth Whitening?
- Opalescence Teeth Whitening for Amazing Results
- State-of-the-Art & Comfortable Dental Office
- Experienced Dental Team
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
If you have stains or discoloration, you may be wondering how it affected your smile in the first place. Unfortunately, your teeth lose their white shine as you grow older due to natural wear and tear. However, there are certain lifestyle habits that can cause stains and speed up the discoloration process. This includes drinking beverages rich in color like coffee or wine as well as eating foods like marinara sauce and blueberries. Additionally, routine smoking/tobacco use can cause yellowing, and regular consumption of alcohol may lead to faster discoloration.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
At Broad Park Family Dentistry, we offer Opalescence teeth whitening for the most beautiful results. We use Opalescence whitening gel, which has a special viscosity that allows it to reach the entire surface of each tooth. This allows the gel to whiten hard to reach stains and even erase discoloration beneath the surface of your enamel. The best part is that we can give you whitening treatment both in our office and in the comfort of your own home—whatever works best for you! However, when you choose our in-office treatment, you can enjoy a whiter smile by up to 8 shades in just one appointment.
The Benefits of Opalescence Teeth Whitening
By choosing our professional teeth whitening, you can enjoy a wide range of benefits you won’t be able to find with store-bought products, including:
- Comfort: Our treatments are customized to match your smile, so there is no gum irritation or discomfort while whitening.
- Convenience: Patients can completely transform the color of their smile in one easy appointment, however there is also an in-home option.
- Results: Opalescence teeth whitening results are effective, long lasting, and natural looking.
- Confidence: Enjoy the confidence to smile in any social or professional setting with a brilliantly white set of teeth.
Maintaining Your Teeth Whitening Results
In order to extend the results of your teeth whitening, you can follow these steps:
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each.
- Floss once a day to remove food debris from in between your teeth.
- Avoid drinking or eating foods rich in color.
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol consistently.
- Visit our office for touch-up appointments.
If you have any questions about teeth whitening, please don’t hesitate to contact our office!
Understanding the Cost of Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening is an excellent way to add some life back into your smile. However, you need to consider the cost of your upcoming treatment so that you don’t end up with any unnecessary surprises. Here are some things you may want to take into consideration if you are thinking about having your teeth whitened.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is usually one set price, but some factors can determine the number of treatments that you need to achieve the goals you have for your smile. Here are some of the most prominent:
- Severity of Discoloration: If your teeth are very discolored, you may need multiple treatments to get the results you’re hoping for.
- Type of Discoloration: Extrinsic stains are much easier to lift than intrinsic stains.
- Additional Treatments: If you have any existing oral health issues that need to be addressed, like gum disease or cavities, this will need to be done ahead of time. Other treatments incur their own cost.
Types of Teeth Whitening: What Do They Cost?
There are several different types of teeth whitening and they range in cost and effectiveness. Here is what you can generally expect based on what you choose:
- In-Office Teeth Whitening: This usually costs somewhere between $300 and $800. In some scenarios, it can cost upwards of $1000.
- Take-Home Teeth Whitening: Professional take-home kits usually cost a few hundred dollars.
- Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening Trays: Teeth whitening trays can be found at your local drug store and/or supermarket. Generally, they are less than $100.
- Over-the-Counter Whitening Strips/Gels: This is the most affordable option out there. Boxes can cost between $20 and $40 on average and usually have enough product to last up to two weeks.
Fast Teeth Whitening VS Inexpensive Teeth Whitening
If you’re looking at just the cost, you may be wondering why anyone would consider professional teeth whitening. The truth is that when it comes to cosmetic dentistry, the quality of the results is clearly reflected in the amount that you pay. When you use cheaper strips and gels, many patients see little to no results, especially when they have more severe discoloration. On the other hand, professional teeth whitening treatments can lighten tooth enamel by multiple shades in much faster timeframes. For in-office care, it can be done in as little as one visit, while professional take-home kits can be effective in only a week or two. When choosing a teeth whitening option, it is important to consider the kinds of results that you’re looking for and how quickly you want them – not just the price.
Options For Making Teeth Whitening Affordable
Teeth whitening is not covered by dental insurance because it is an elective treatment, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be left to pay your entire bill all at once. We work with CareCredit – a third-party financing company that can split the cost of your treatment into manageable monthly installments with little to no interest. To learn more about your financial options, don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our friendly team members.
To find out exactly how much you can expect your treatment to cost, give us a call. We’re eager to help you achieve your smile goals!
Teeth Whitening FAQs
Now that you know more about teeth whitening in Mansfield, you might be ready to begin treatment. Of course, it’s completely normal to still have a few questions about the process. At Broad Park Family Dentistry, we want you to be well-informed before you decide to move forward. That’s why we’ve answered a few of the most common questions we receive from patients about teeth whitening. If you prefer to speak directly with a member of our team or would like to schedule a consultation, give us a call!
Does Teeth Whitening Hurt?
Many patients are hesitant to commit to treatment because they’re worried it will hurt. Although this is a valid concern, teeth whitening is entirely customized to each patient’s unique dental needs, meaning you’re significantly less likely to experience tooth sensitivity. However, you must let us know if your teeth are prone to sensitivity so we can advise you on the best course of action to make your treatment as comfortable as possible. That could include using specialty toothpaste, avoiding hot beverages, or spacing out your whitening appointments.
How Can I Make My Whitening Results Last?
Your stunning, bright smile can last anywhere from a few months to a few years. Of course, it depends entirely on how well you care for your new pearly whites. Here are some ways you can ensure your results last as long as possible:
- Practice good oral hygiene (brush twice a day, floss daily, use mouthwash regularly)
- Visit your dentist for a checkup and cleaning every six months
- Limit your intake of dark-colored foods and beverages (red wine, coffee, soda)
- Quit poor dental habits (smoking, chewing on ice, using your teeth as tools)
Am I a Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Do you have stained or discolored teeth? If so, you’re likely a candidate for teeth whitening. Of course, the only way to find out for certain is by scheduling a consultation with your cosmetic dentist in Mansfield. They will conduct a thorough oral examination and ask about your smile goals. If your oral health is in good standing, they can start developing your plan. However, if there is an existing problem like gum disease, you’ll need the appropriate treatment first.
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
There is no room for error when it comes to your smile which is why it’s crucial to only use products specifically designed for your teeth and gums. Products that haven’t been approved by the FDA and ADA haven’t undergone rigorous testing, meaning they could cause damage to your pearly whites. Fortunately, professional teeth whitening treatments are considered extremely safe. Not only are they administered by a licensed professional, but the custom-made trays ensure the solution doesn’t spread to your gums or accidentally get ingested.