Tooth Extractions – Mansfield, TX
When Problem Teeth
Have to Go
Our primary goal here at Broad Park Family Dentistry is to help our patients preserve their natural teeth for as long as possible, but sometimes, removing one is simply the best way to protect the rest of the smile. Thanks to Dr. Rudd’s experience and use of sedation, his patients who undergo tooth extractions in Mansfield, TX feel practically nothing while in the chair and usually don’t even realize it when their tooth comes out! Then, if needed, he can quickly replace it with a beautiful, custom-made restoration.
Why Choose Broad Park Family Dentistry for Tooth Extractions?
- Same-Day Appointments Available for Patients in Pain
- Sedation Dentistry Makes Every Procedure Comfortable
- Ready to Treat Patients of All Ages
Why Would a Tooth Need to Be Extracted?
- Extensive Decay: A cavity can become so large that it damages an entire tooth and threatens to spread to the surrounding teeth. To stop this, the tooth will be removed.
- Dental Trauma: If a tooth is so broken that it cannot be trusted to support a filling or crown, then extraction and replacement is the only possible solution.
- Creating Room within the Mouth: A tooth may be removed in order to help a new denture fit more securely, or this could give the teeth the space they need to shift in response to orthodontic treatment.
How a Tooth Extraction Actually Works
While a tooth extraction is often referred to as “pulling teeth,” the truth is that this procedure doesn’t involve any actual pulling. Instead, once a patient is numbed, the tooth is rocked back and forth until it slips out on its own. This method is much gentler and more efficient than pulling, plus it causes less trauma to the nearby tissues, leading to an easier and shorter recovery. Typically, a patient’s mouth will feel normal within a week or less.